Vacancy – Product and Marketing Assistant
Reporting to: Product and Marketing Manager
Creative Party are one of the UK’s leading manufacturers and distributors of Partyware, Balloons and Cake Decorations, offering a large and exciting range of products into the retail and wholesale trade. We are a privately-owned family business based in Bournemouth and established back in 1953 as Anniversary House. Anniversary House still specialises in cake decorations and all our Sugarcraft is made in the UK at our head office. We are proud of the fact that the business is growing steadily in the UK and International markets.
If you’re a great administrator, creative and organised, and love the idea of assisting in the management, development and marketing of a range of party and cake decorating products – we would LOVE to hear from you!
A broad and exciting role encompassing two key areas:
- Product Management and Development support – assisting in all aspects of the company’s product portfolio, including the management of products through all stages of the product life cycle.
- Marketing Support – aiding in the production and implementation of online and offline marketing of the products and company brands.
- Support the Product & Marketing Manager and Director with all administrative tasks involved with Product Development and Marketing.
- Ensure that project schedules and deadlines are met through personal, hands-on planning and action, costs are minimised, and high standards of accuracy and quality are achieved in all aspects of the department’s operation.
- Support both the Manager and Director in managing design, quality, pricing, packaging, and marketing materials. This includes: brochures, POS and display equipment of all product ranges, ensuring they are right for the company’s target consumers and retail channels, and that they will achieve or exceed the company’s sales and margin targets.
- Under the guidance of the department’s manager and director, prepare and keep up-to-date a series of formal procedures for dealing with a wide range of product, marketing and sales linked administrative tasks.
- Assist with developing marketing strategies to ensure they will cost effectively help to optimise sales and build brand credibility and value.
- Ensure our sales team and all our customers receive the highest standard of support.
- Ensure the Product and Marketing Department plays a key role in achieving great teamwork and productivity throughout the entire business, as per our Customer Service Charter.
Note: Shortlisted applicants will receive a full copy of the detailed Job Description.
- Excellent English skills – particularly for copy-writing and proofing purposes.
- An exceptionally keen eye for detail (‘eagle-eye’ we call it!) and be highly organised.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office, particularly advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- The ability to work to very high standards of accuracy when preparing and interpreting spreadsheets
- The capability and willingness to work collaboratively and on your own initiative.
- An approachable, flexible, and positive attitude.
- Strong multi-tasking and organisational skills.
- The ability to take direction and accept constructive criticism.
- Commercial flair, sound judgement and exceptional implementation skills.
- The ability to demonstrate a track record of efficiency and very high standards across all aspects of administration.
- A sound grasp of financial issues including margin, cost and logistics.
- A keen interest in and understanding of the latest trends, social media, and popular culture.
- Must be prepared to ‘go the extra mile’ to meet deadlines and to make a positive, hands-on difference during very busy periods.
- Driving licence and own transport required for market research and trade shows.
- Previous experience in product development and marketing in a B2B and consumer products environment, ideally in a related industry.
- Experience working with ecommerce platforms.
- Knowledge of the following is preferable:
- Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop and InDesign.
- Sage 200
- Social Media for Business
- A keen interest in the party products industry.
- Higher education in a marketing or related discipline.
- Experience of and an interest in product photography.
- Flair for creative writing.
- Be a lover of all things cake and baking!
What we give you in return
- A stimulating role and lots of job satisfaction!
- 23 days holiday exclusive of Bank Holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Comprehensive induction programme
- Opportunities for advancement
- Free parking
- Social events
- Access to staff sample ‘freebies’
- Annual salary: 21 – 23K
If you are the ideal person for this position, please apply with a covering letter summarising why you are right for this role, what your salary expectations are, and your current salary, accompanied by your CV. Please send applications to Kimberlie Walker firstname.lastname@example.org